The Ysleta mission is located at the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo. It is known as the oldest parish in the state of Texas. The year of 1680 the Tigua people were forced leave their homes because of the Pueblo Revolt. Some of them went to the Hopi territory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. In 1682 the Tigua built a structure made of adobe, in October of that year the building was officially dedicated by Bishop Salpointe of Tucson and named La Mision de Corpus Christi de San Antonio de la Yselta de Sur in honor of the Tigua's patron saint, Saint Anthony.